Access Statement for The Address,Guest Accommodation in Blackpool,Blackpool,Lancashire. U.K.
THE ADDRESS is a refurbished 13 bedroom (12 en suite / 1 with a private bathroom) property centrally located on Reads Avenue, Blackpool.
THE ADDRESS understands the needs of & aims to be accessible for guests with disabilities or special needs & all efforts have been & will be made to meet their requirements where possible.
One room on the ground floor is disability friendly with a compliant en suite / wet room. This room has an M 2 rating from Visit England.
• The Address is located on Reads Avenue in Central Blackpool & is a 15 minute walk from the Blackpool Tower & Winter Gardens.
• Blackpool North Station is 10 minutes by car.
• Bus stops are within a 10 minute walking distance with a frequent service.
• Taxis can be arranged or contact numbers provided if required.
• Our website is www.theaddressblackpool.co.uk where full contact details,pictures of the rooms & facilities available can be viewed.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• You are assured a warm welcome at any time.
• Limited Free Car Parking is available based on the date of booking. Please call or e mail us in advance to check whether a space is available.
• If the car park is full, guests can park their cars in a secure paid parking directly behind the premises & a reservation can be made if required. call or e mail us to check for prices.
• Guests are offered assistance with their luggage, shown to their rooms & facilities explained.
• A temporary ramp is available if required. Please inform us in advance.
• The entrance is well lit with the door numbers clearly marked. For guests with mobility disabilities the entrance from no.93 is more suitable (750 mm clearance).
• There are two steps into the main hallways.
• The premises has 24 hour CCTV in operation.
• We advise that our guests do not leave any valuables/money in the car.
• The entrance sign is well lit with the website address & phone number clearly visible.
Main Entrance, Reception & Ticketing Area
• We have two entrances ie. no.91 & no.93 with bells on both doors.
• The entrance from no. 93 has a clearance of 750 mm.
• The reception area is in no.93 with casual seating provided for guests to sit & fill in the registration cards.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
• The ground floor is laminated excepting no.14 below which is carpeted.
• The reception area,dining room & bar/lounge & the disability friendly room (no.14) are on this floor.
• There are 16 steps (upward) from no.91 leading to room nos. 5,6,7&8 on the first floor & 16 steps leading to room nos. 9,10,11&12 on the second floor.
• There are 16 steps (upward) from no.93 leading to room nos. 1,2&3 on the first floor & 16 steps leading to room no. 4 on the second floor.
• All steps, corridors & rooms are carpeted. The steps are approx. 84 cms. wide, 25 cms. deep & 18 cms. high.
• The corridors are well lit by the emergency lighting system. For additional lighting, please use the corridor light switches some of which are on time lags ie. they will go off automatically after a short time.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
• The Dining Room (for breakfast),Bar & Lounge are on the ground floor. The entrance has a clearance of 750 mm.
• We have wooden tables with armless high back chairs.
• A baby chair is available if required.
• The large flat screen T.V. is normally on during breakfast. (B.B.C. News Channel)
• Vegetarian,vegan & gluten free diets are welcome & catered for. Please inform us in advance should you have any dietary requirements or special requests.
• Evening meals are available. Please check when you book.
• We have 12 rooms which are en suite & 1 room which has a private bathroom.
• We do not have any Public Area W.C.
• Laundry facilities are not available on the premises, but there is a laundrette within 10 minutes walking distance.
• (Central Drive Launderette / open from 9 am. to 5 pm. all days except Sundays)
• The Address is ideally located within 10 minutes walking distance from the Coop Store & 15 minutes from Blackpool’s main shopping & eating out areas.
• Please take a few minutes to go through the In Room Directory which is in the blue & gold logo folder in your room. It will have most of the information that you may need during your stay with us. Please contact reception for further information.
• Keys to the main entrance are with your room key (late key).
• A selection of local information is available in the display near the dining room.
• The Address is a non smoking property (inside).
• Fire Extinguishers & Manual Fire Alarms are located on each floor & are clearly marked.
• Mobile reception is generally good.
Address: The Address,
91-93 Reads Avenue,
• As we have just opened after an extensive renovation & refurbishment there are no immediate alterations required.
• However, it is planned that the en suites will be modernized / upgraded in a phased manner over the next few years.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01253624238 or email email@example.com